Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Christmas Carol Poster

  
1. A Christmas Carol poster for KC Rep
(click to view larger)

 Fun stuff. This year I am fortunate enough to create 3 KC Rep posters this year. This time around it is the holiday standard, A Christmas Carol. The client chose my second concept consisting of  Scrooge's face and the 3 ghosts that visit him, Past, Present and Future (see figure 2). But after some consideration, it was felt that a more traditional piece would be more appropriate. The final poster is the above illustration of Scrooge and Tiny Tim (see figure 1). The reference I used was from an actual production still. I had to move fairly fast on this one, so I needed to create the image in a style that allowed me to do so. I kept the title treatment and applied it to the new image. Although I prefer the ghost version (figure 2), the final piece conveys the message needed by the client.




2. A Christmas Carol poster for KC Rep
(click to view larger)


 3. First round marker roughs

0 comments:

Post a Comment