Friday, July 23, 2010

An Illustrator Photographing France

Back in 2003 my wife and I went to France for our honeymoon. We spent time in Paris sight seeing, painting in Monet's Garden located in Giverny and trekking to Mont St. Michel off the coast of Normandy. I am not a photographer, but I do love to take pictures. It helps me work on my composition skills, while recording the moment. After arriving home, I took the photos into Photoshop and applied some grit, texture and color manipulation to emulate the look of antique prints. I treated the photographs like paintings. Below are some of my favorite pieces from our trip.


View of Mont St. Michel during low tide



The Eiffel Tower and surrounding Paris from the top of Notre Dame Cathedral



Door detail from Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris



Gargoyle from the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris



Gargoyle from the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris




Gargoyle from the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris



Gargoyle from the top of Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris

Sainte Radegonde Church, Giverny
burial site of Claude Monet

Sainte Radegonde Church, Giverny

2 comments:

me said...

i see a book project.... these are merveilleux!

David Allen Terrill said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment